|Amir Thaleb born in Argentina, a descendant of Arabs is in the list of the principal and best Bellydance teachers and dancers in the world, recognized by masters in the Middle East, Europe, Latin America, Canada and the United States. Due to this broad recognition and admiration, Amir is constantly teaching seminars and performing in countries all over the world.|
He receives in his school a large amount of students from throughout Argentina and abroad, that with great effort cross different latitudes to take his classes. After a long time seeking and researching, he is able to shape his art with spiritual sense and an exquisite selection of the best. Because of this he is highly appreciated.
His audience, even the most skeptical ones, is attracted by his sensitive magic. His very personal way of dancing is based on autochthonic roots but of contemporary vanguard style. He is admired by his colleagues and celebrated by specialized columnists.
Amir has reached great successes so far; and has danced in the following places:
• Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Honduras, Mexico, Venezuela, Paraguay, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, United States (Miami, Seattle, Texas, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Orlando, Naples, Las Vegas), Canada (Montreal, Québec, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto), Hong Kong, China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Russia, Ukraine, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, France, Greece, Egypt.
• Egypt (invited by the Opera House and The Academy of Fine Art in 1984 and the International Dance Festival of Raqia Hassan as master and dancer in 2006, 2007 and 2008).
He has received the following awards and honors:
• “Michael Borowsky” - granted by UNESCO in 1988.
• “Ugarit” and “Khalil Gibran” granted by the Arab Community in Argentina (1999).
• “The best new star” granted by Giza Academy Awards in the United States in 2001.
• His Arabian Dance School has been considered by the CIAD, as the best professional school in South America.
• Declared “Prodigal Son” by General Pueyrredón council, Mar del Plata (city where he was born), Argentina in 2006.
• Declared “Visitante distinguido” by Santiago del Estero Council, Argentina (2008).
• He was granted with the “Appreciation Award” by the Taiwan Belly Dance Association for his contribution to Oriental Dance in that country (2008).
• He has been nominated by the Kaohsiung Belly Dance Association as “Permanent Consultant” for the
development of oriental dance in Taiwan (2008).
He is the author of the book "The hidden language of the Vintage Belly Dance" published in Spanish, English and Italian languages. The introducing of is book has been sponsored by “La feria del libro” in Argentina and by the FNAC in Italy.
Since 1998, he is creator, organizer and producer of the Arabian Dance International Encounter - EIDA in Argentina, regarded as world record in audience by the specialized European magazines.
|He has given conferences in the National Library in Geneva, Italy. He was distinguished for his artistic work in OGGI, the Italian magazine. He has been invited to various national and international television programs, UNIVISION, NBC,|
ANTENA 3 and RAI (Italia), among others.
He has shared the stage with the most prominent Middle Eastern stars, such as Nagwa Fuad, Farida Fahmi, Mahmoud Reda, Tito, Randa Kamel, Dina, Ahmet Luleci. He has also danced to the music of the most important Arabian violinist; Abu Abdel Al, among other important artists.
His main dance teachers have been:
• his father Jose Ape, Ricardo Novich, Beatriz Shkraiber, Ricardo Rivas, Hector Louzau from Argentina.
• Yousry Sharif, Mahmoud Reda, Farida Fahmi, Raqia Hassan from Egypt.
• Name Name from Lebanon.
• Enric Castan from Barcelona.
• Adolfo Andrade from France.
• Carlos Palacios from the Colon Theater in art direction.
• Mauricio Rinaldi from the Colon Theater in artistic illumination.
Amir Thaleb is the mentor of new techniques that raise the Middle Eastern art towards new forms of theatrical expression; with actualized dynamism of an exquisite and refined artistic style. This method has been adopted by many international schools, as the “The Thaleb Technique”. He is considered the master creator of the Big Stage in Oriental Dance, mentor of the Dance of the Future and named as “The Art Bridge between East and West”.
He is the creator and director of the Arabian Dance Company (ADC), Oriental Ballet Company, which he presents in the most important theaters in Argentina and abroad.
Amir Thaleb presides very important events that take place every year throughout the world.
Translated into English by Salomé Mayo.
Centro Cultural Arte del Medio Oriente - Para el crecimiento y desarrollo de la Danza Arabe en Argentina.